DjangoBooks.com

A Man Searching: Vintage Castelluccia

crescendocrescendo Palo Alto, CaliforniaNew Favino
in Classifieds Posts: 38
Hi Gypsy Friends -

Saw this video a couple weeks back, and the sound of this guitar has absolutely haunted me. Wondering if anyone knows whose possession it's currently in:

TL;DR: WTB 1960/70's Castelluccia petite bouche!

thanks,
- Spencer

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Yeah, beautiful sound. The player @Juan Sandman is on these forums, probably he will know?

Very nice playing btw!

That looks like Titi Bamberger in the background, perhaps it's one of his.
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Wow. Beautiful!
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    It is indeed Titi playing with Juan. There is another Youtube video of them playing 'Mr Sandman' together in that room and it says they were rehearsing in Algarve Portugal. I have stayed in that area many times and I know the style of building with terracotta floors, stucco walls and dark wood furniture with very little in the way of soft furnishings That would certainly have added some nice room reverb to the sound, (like practising in the bathroom). Whoever recorded that managed to get just the right balance, whether by luck or skill. Nice playing either way.