DjangoBooks.com

Ischell & Audio-Technica pickups for sale! - PRICE DROP!!!

harlemjoysharlemjoys Central Jersey✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Classifieds Posts: 105
Hi,

I have an Ischell Inside Box + CPJ pickup and a Stimer (Dupont reisue) ST48 pickup for sale.

I also have a Audio-Technica PRO 70 Cardioid Condenser Lavaliere/Instrument Microphone and an Audio-Technica AT8418 Unimount Microphone Instrument Mount for sale.

I have just lowered the prices on all the above items on August 11, 2017. They are priced to move.

The Ischell is $250 and the Stimer is $240.

The Audio-Technica PRO 70 Microphone is $85. The Audio-Technica Microphone Mount is $35.

All of the equipment listed above is used and in excellent condition.

I will let everything go for $560. Buyer pays for shipping.

Message me if interested, thanks!

Alex

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,854
    Sorry, I'm not a customer but... have you ever thought that maybe God is trying to tell you not to sell that Ischell + CPJ pickup?

I say that because mounting my Ischell stick-on pickup inside the guitar was the greatest tech move move I ever made. Right underneath the bridge, between the A and D strings, that was the sweet spot for me.

Never feeds back, can now plug my cord directly into the tailpin jack and the sound is so sweet it doesn't even need any eq-ing... chords sound like little pink puffballs unless you hold them longer, then they chime endlessly with a nice natural reverb effect... single notes are very present, warm and thick, especially in the midrange...

Plus, I saved the best for last---- you know those annoying screechy finger-string noises that normally force you to use an EQ to eliminate? Well, when the pickup is inside, it doesn't recognize or reproduce any of that sound.

If your Ischell works as well inside your guitar as mine did, you're gonna be very happy that you didn't sell it... just sayin'

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • harlemjoysharlemjoys Central Jersey✭✭✭
    edited September 2017 Posts: 105
    Hi,

The Ischell is a great pickup, if you want a large natural tone it's definitely the way to go. It's just not the right pick up for me currently.

That said, the Stimer pickup has been SOLD!

The Ischell and Audio Technica pickups are still available!

Once again, the Ischell is $250.

The Audio-Technica PRO 70 Microphone is $85. The Audio-Technica Microphone Mount is $35.

All of the equipment listed above is used and in excellent condition.

I will let everything go for $340. Buyer pays for shipping.

Alex
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Lango why did you mount it inside? Did it not sound good outside?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,854
    It wasn't too bad outside, never, ever fed back... but it was still capturing too much swooshy finger noise, and had a slight scratchy twang. Plus I hated the sloppy look of that little disc gummed onto the top of my beautiful custom made guitar, and most of all I hated the vulnerability of that thin little exposed wire from the disc to the 'out' jack... just an accident waiting to happen on a gig.

I thought WTF, let's just experiment and see if we can improve on this deal a wee bit.

So my bass player/sound man buddy and I went to visit a local guitar/electronics wizard here in Niagara On The Lake ON where I live.

We brought along the exact amplification equipment our band uses, so our techie Freddy could record directly from the Soundcraft's out port to his laptop. That way we could compare the sound when the pickup was mounted in different locations. The big question--- how near or far from directly underneath the bridge?

Freddy immediately took charge and I don't know exactly where he tried it the first time, but on the second try we all agreed he had nailed it perfectly. I asked him to write down the exact location on a slip of paper to keep in the guitar case just in case the pickup ever came loose inside and Freddy wasn't there to put it back on.

I still have the little post it note upon which he wrote "under bridge between A and D strings".

oh hell this getting longer than game of thrones...

So just one more thing to add before off to dreamland... instead of permanently (?) mounting it inside there with the gummy wax stuff that Ischell provides, I bought some rather expensive double sided tape, which worked a treat, in fact so well that Freddy asked if he could keep the rest of the roll, and I happily agreed. Freddy refused any other payment, and I think we were in and out of his workshop in less than an hour!

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Did he make a donut with the tape (hole in the middle) or did he go over the entire microphone with the tape?
    He just cut out a piece of the double sided tape the same size as the pickup.

• harlemjoysharlemjoys Central Jersey✭✭✭
    Everything is SOLD!