DjangoBooks.com

New Django photos unveiled

MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
edited October 2017 in Photos Posts: 159
Hello Djangobooks community,

The French National Libray has published on its digital library website a series of previously unseen pictures featuring Django !

Infos in french + english and link to the album here : https://michelmercier.fr/2017/10/02/breaking-news-photos-inedites-de-django-au-festival-swing-41/

Enjoy :-)

BucoMichaelHorowitzlewischang88wimaltonBillDaCostaWilliamsConorFgabalbass

Comments

Wow these are phenomenal!
    Thanks Mitch.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, classic photos, thanks Mitch!
  • I went to the website of Bibliothèque nationale de France Département de la Reproduction and purchased a copy! Will be on my wall soon.
    gabalbass
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Interesting, Eugene Vées seems to have changed guitar during the gig. Or maybe Django broke a few strings, took over rhythm players guitar so he had to bring out a spare?
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Spectacular photos, thanks Mitch! Do you have any info about where they were discovered?
  • most excellent find @Mitch
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Incredible. Thanks!
  • MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    Amazing indeed!! What a scenography! Wil, I edited the article : it appears the Library acquired the J.C. Mehu collection. I don't know yet who is this guy.

Lewis I didn't even know we could order copies, thanks for the tip!

Good point Matteo, it could totally be a string issue indeed...
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 88
    @Mitch Once you click on an image, on the left side you will see a bunch of options, including an icon that looks like a shopping cart. It says "Acheter une reproduction" and you could choose a physical copy (~A4 size) or a high-resolution jpeg file. 25 euros per image (for personal use. For commercial use it would cost more).