DjangoBooks.com

Schatten pickup on Dell Arte Hommage 2005

Do you know if it's possible to install the Schatten pickup on a Dell Arte Hommage D-hole guitar ?

I am not sure, because I don't know if the "Hommage" is Favino or Selmer type built.

Thanks for you help and for the wonderfull forum. :)

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    The "Homage" is based on Favino's instruments (hence the name), but I don't know if that extends to the bracing. I imagine it would. I'm sure you saw this when looking at pickups (from the Schatten site):

Not designed for:
    The HFN-S2 is not designed to fit Favino style instruments when those instruments use a Favino brace spacing that puts the 2 main transverse braces 2.9" apart, center to center.

The HFN-S2 also will not fit the new MM series from Aria. The 2 main transverse braces on these instruments is approximately 2.56" apart.

Anyway, if you don't get an answer here, just write Alain at Dell'Arte; you should be able to reach him via ****

Best,
    Jack.
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    My two cents: it won't do...
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Yes it can be installed. How well it works is the question. The installation would not be any different then many other installs. But you would want to make sure you would be happy with the tone before spending the money to have it installed.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    This means you know the Dell'Arte Hommage has a different brace spacing than a Favino has? Otherwise you'll have to modify somehow the transducer or to install it unproperly. Both of which, I would not recommend...
  • SONICSONIC New
    frater wrote:
    This means you know the Dell'Arte Hommage has a different brace spacing than a Favino has?

In fact, this is the question : Does the Dell'Arte Hommage have the same brace spacing than a Selmer ?
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    The Hommage has different bracing then the Selmer.

I'm interested to know why you would go with the Schatten set up over the Schertler. The Basik can be installed and sounds amazing. I use the Basik with the stat pre and run thru the Unico. It is by far the best amplified sound I have been able to get.

Cheers,
    Josh