DjangoBooks.com

The Idiomatiques Release their new CD "Out On The Town" Kenny Loggins says...

ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Welcome Posts: 867
After spending some time learning about the GJ genre we are proud to release our new album "Out On The Town"

Here is what Kenny Loggins says about it...(yeah not a GJ guy but he knows music).

“Out On The Town is a wild ride from one Jazz era to the next, exploring everything from the Hot Jazz of the 1920’s to modern jazz;  from Cab Calloway to the funk of the ’80’s, yet all the while staying true to their acoustic, Django Reinhardt-style instrumental approach, and always with outstanding musicianship. 
This CD is a kind of sampler of what the Idiomatiques can do. Featuring my friend Brian Mann on the jazz squeeze box, with Craig Sharmat - lead guitar, George Quirin - rhythm guitar, and Kim Collins - bass, 
their merging of jazz styles and eras proves that, for the Idiomatiques, anything is possible”.
     - Kenny Loggins, Grammy award winning musician & composer

You can check out the album here.

https://www.theidiomatiques.com/new-cd

Some stuff you have never heard a GJ band do (and maybe never wanted to) and some more traditional stuff.

Best

Craig

richter4208JosechikyBucohumphrymusic

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Cool stuff ScoreD!
    Scoredog
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the release Craig, talented bunch
    Scoredog
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 4,730
    You guys are stepping into a danger zone with some of this stuff.

PS lame I know...

Good luck with the release.
    Scoredog
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys!

Buco...not lame...:)
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Congrats and good luck.
    You have some really nice material. I dont think you are in a danger zone or totally out of the gypsy jazz world. Sure the guys only interested in All of me/SweetGeorgiaBrown played by Bireli, Adrien etc. may not appreciate it but there are different branches to the gypsy jazz tree. And one of this branch has roots coming from Henri Crolla, through Patrick Saussois (who named this branch le jazz gitano parisien) to Rodolphe Raffali etc. This branch is more interested in the melody than in the virtuosity or modernity...
    And I think you definitely relate to that branch (with influences from other things (John Jorgenson maybe) that makes your music new and interesting).

Scoredog
    edited February 2018 Posts: 867
    Thanks Paps and thanks for the education...:).

Watching Patrick play is a real head scratcher. It makes me listen instead of analyze because he is not only a lefty but as you already know has the string positions swapped.
    Buco wrote: »
    You guys are stepping into a danger zone with some of this stuff.

PS lame I know...

Good luck with the release.

just could not resist...maybe next album could be called....wait for it...

Fretloose....boom!
    Buco
    Love it!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel