DjangoBooks.com

Rodrigo Shopis Guitars, NYC... new website

Rodrigo makes some beautiful guitars. Please have a look at the gallery on his new website: http://www.rodrigoshopis.com

Regards from Chappie!
charlie

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    The wood used for those tops looks just great! And the green insert in the oval hole rosette is such a nice touch...
  • pmh425pmh425 Middle Island, NY✭✭✭✭
    I was able to try a couple of these at a guitar show recently and must say that they are spectacular.
    -Peter
  • jmaszlejmaszle New
    I had the opportunity to play Rodrigo's guitars and can say with certainty that they are some of the finest guitars I have ever played... with exceptional "gypsy" tone and superb craftsmanship these guitars are worth trying. I have played a couple of Selmers, Dupont, S.Park, Delie, Collins and Dell'Arte and these guitars are at the top of my list. Rodrigo is very knowledgable about gypsy music and the needs of the individual musician as well. A really nice guy. His turnaround time is half what it takes Park or Collins to put it together as well. Well worth a visit for anyone looking for an exceptional solid wood gypsy guitar at an affordable price.
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Ted,
    You should! and you have to come and visit with all of us who try to play- so we can steal! so . . .when you coming?
    Cheers,
    B.
    Ps. as I recall- I missed you last time you were here.
  • gabegabe New
    Had the opportunity to play Rodrigo's latest guitars and they are phenomenal! Beautiful sound and loving craftsmanship. They will be at Django in June apparently.
  • MinorBluesMinorBlues New York✭✭✭
    jmaszle wrote:
    I had the opportunity to play Rodrigo's guitars and can say with certainty that they are some of the finest guitars I have ever played... with exceptional "gypsy" tone and superb craftsmanship these guitars are worth trying. I have played a couple of Selmers, Dupont, S.Park, Delie, Collins and Dell'Arte and these guitars are at the top of my list. Rodrigo is very knowledgable about gypsy music and the needs of the individual musician as well. A really nice guy. His turnaround time is half what it takes Park or Collins to put it together as well. Well worth a visit for anyone looking for an exceptional solid wood gypsy guitar at an affordable price.

What range would this "affordable price" be in if you don't mind letting us know? thanks...
  • jmaszlejmaszle New
    You should talk to Rodrigo, but from what I understand, the basic guitar, like the oval and d-hole on his website, starts at 2700. For a solid wood guitar made to your own specifications that's affordable, relatively speaking of course. It's almost a thousand cheaper than Shelly Park and is made in half the time... and here in the states as well so you don't have to pay shipping from Canada.