DjangoBooks.com

Anyone recognize this trumpet player?

cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
in Woodwinds Posts: 190
Trumpet player, most likely Jazz, from Paris circa 1934 or later. Anyone recognize this player? Person probably stood 5'6" - the Donald Duck suit he is wearing as well as the hat is at the Museum of Whimsy in Astoria OR. Am helping them try to ID the player.

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    My sources say Harry James. The outfit suggests circus performer, and James’ father was a circus bandleader.
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    Buster Keaton was 5ft5, played trumpet, and worked in Paris on the film "Le Roi des Champs-Élysées" in 1934....
  • cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
    That looks like a good possibility Bopster. Thanks!!! What are your sources?

I've contacted a Harry James site and sent them this inquiry. Will report any response.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    My “sources” are several friends who were fans of Harry James during his heyday.
  • cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
    Thanks much Bopster! We also looked at that photo some more. It looked somewhat posed and cold have been anyone holding a trumpet. But with some image enhancement we could see the band playing behind him - all in various circus style attire. I'd say Harry James with 99% certainty. To confirm, I found the LinkedIn contact for his son, who is or was a real estate developer in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and have sent him a message.