DjangoBooks.com

My video for Stankevicius endorsement contest

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
in Welcome Posts: 391
Hi Guys,

Long time no post, but I'm still reading :) I just did a little video for Vadim Stankevicius' endorsement contest (very nice guitars - get on it if you haven't already!). It's All of Me in 5/4 (mostly...). Hope you like it.

I recorded it on a zoom H6 with the included Mid/Side mic (although it's just recording normal stereo here) mixed in with my AT831b. I'm quite happy with the sound, if not always with the playing :) Anyway, hope you like it.

All the best, Jon

t-birdBucorichter4208MichaelHorowitz

Comments

• Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    Wow that was awesome and sounds great too! Good luck in the contest!
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Thanks Brad! Glad you liked it :)
  • Holmes1Holmes1 ChicagoNew Dupont MD50
    Sounds great man!
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Your solo style is great! One man band and still swinging!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Another great one Jon, thanks!
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Nice, Jon.

Inquiring minds want to know... was that shy little white doggie in the video by any chance a Westie?

I'm asking for a friend...
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Thanks guys! @Lango-Django yep, it's a Westie! One of two constant practice companions :) They're very patient and sweet dogs.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Aha! Well, please tell him/her that cousin Lola from Canada says hello! and don't be so shy in future videos!

(Full disclosure: i am the president of the Niagara Westies Club, hosts of the prestigious annual "Running of the Westies" each August...)
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Ha! @Lango-Django Nice to know there are more Django loving Westies out there :) Ours are Hattie and Freddie, 6 and 4. Hattie prefers the bass (and cats), but will happily sit and listen to guitar too. Freddie can get a bit impatient, but guitar is his favourite, I think.