DjangoBooks.com

Can someone help me transcribe this one chord from Angelo Debarre's intro to Cherokee?

SDNWSDNW New
edited June 2018 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 13

I've been having fun transcribing this pretty intro on my instrument and have been pretty successful up until I hit this chord, and I can't for the life of me figure out what kind of voicing he is using (I have a terrible ear). It almost sounds like an augmented chord, but I don't know how to match it. I can hear the C# going to Eb and I think the A on the 4th string, but it sounds like he's hitting more than two notes by the sound of his plectrum. Could any of you help me out? I repeated the context twice and then the chord I'm trying to transcribe multiple times.

Here's the full song if you haven't already heard it; it's an absolute killer!

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Sounds to me like

X
    X

followed by

X
    X
    jonpowl
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited June 2018 Posts: 1,854
    or alternately

X
    X

to

X
    X
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • NewcastleBudNewcastleBud Erstwhile✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s possible it’s this:

X
    X

to

X
    X

I think, therefore I am......I think.
  • SDNWSDNW New
    Thanks for everyone's help! I'm fairly certain I've got it now. I believe it is:

x
    x
    x

to

x
    x
    6 (played very lightly)
    x

Feel free to double check me on that because I want to get this intro note-for-note as he played it, but I think that's got to be it. Again, thanks for the leads!
  • NewcastleBudNewcastleBud Erstwhile✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think you’ve got it!
    SDNW
    I think, therefore I am......I think.