DjangoBooks.com

Django's Legacy VII - Paulus Schäfer & Gary Potter - Liverpool, U.K.

ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
edited May 2018 in Europe Posts: 68
Blue Drag Music returns with the seventh concert of our Django’s Legacy series aimed at celebrating the music of legendary guitarist Django Reinhardt, bringing together two legends of the Gypsy Jazz world Holland’s Paulus Schäfer and Liverpool’s own Gary Potter.

Paulus Schäfer (born 1978) is today considered one of the most talented Gypsy Jazz guitarists from The Netherlands. Born into a Dutch Sinti (Gypsy) community he learned to play the guitar at a very early age. Besides listening to fellow Sinti and records of his idol Django Reinhardt, it was Wasso Grünholz – a legend within the Sinti community – from whom he learned the most.

Gary Potters's admirers have included many fellow guitarists, including Chet Atkins and George Harrison. During the 90s, Gary was best known for his gypsy jazz playing and in 1994 came second in the guitar section of the British Jazz Awards. He also appeared in the Channel 4 TV documentary Django Legacy alongside Bireli Lagrene, Stochelo Rosenberg and Django’s own son Babik Reinhardt which brought so much attention to this music we love.

Gary Potter - Solo Guitar
Paulus Schäfer - Solo Guitar
Micky Dunne - Rhythm Guitar
Matt Holborn - Violin
John McCormick - Double Bass

Book online, in person and over the phone

www.liverpoolphil.com/whats-on/djangos-legacy-vii-paulus-schafer-and-gary-potter

Box Office Opening Hours

Telephone - 0151 709 3789

https://facebook.com/events/1982282025327981/

Comments

• Captain SwingCaptain Swing U.K.New
    Bet this will be a great gig!

"John McCormick"

I used to have a cassette tape of a radio session by "Count John's Hot Four". Bloody good it was too. Wish I still had it.
    Nice to see my old mate Micky Dunne getting his face in there too. B)
    ConorF
  • ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
    edited June 2018 Posts: 68
    Bet this will be a great gig!

"John McCormick"

I used to have a cassette tape of a radio session by "Count John's Hot Four". Bloody good it was too. Wish I still had it.
    Nice to see my old mate Micky Dunne getting his face in there too. B)

I've been working with Micky for the last four years on various things and he's my go to player when I need top quality backing.

John is a great bass player and between the two of them, in my opinion, form one of the best rhythm sections on the U.K. scene.

Really looking forward to this one as both Paulus and Gary are amazing players!
    Captain Swing