DjangoBooks.com

Nomade without headstock logo?

Hi,
There's a Nomade on sale without the Dupont headstock logo--any ideas?

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I don't see a zero fret in the picture, but both Nomades on Michael's Dupont page have zero frets. My guess is it's either a counterfeit, really old model, or the neck has been repaired or replaced.
  • paulgpaulg New
    Thanks. The soundhole label says 2003; I think some Nomades don't have zero frets.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    jonpowl wrote: »
    I don't see a zero fret in the picture, but both Nomades on Michael's Dupont page have zero frets. My guess is it's either a counterfeit, really old model, or the neck has been repaired or replaced.
    Strange how people are quick to call 'fake' when they see something they don't recognise. The early ones certainly had no zero fret, (there is a 2004 currently on Reverb) and possibly some were made without a decal. There were some counterfeit Chinese Duponts from the Aiersi factory but I had never heard of a fake Nomade, why would anyone bother to make a copy of what is the cheapest model and even if they did, surely what would be the point of a counterfeit without the decal?

• paulgpaulg New
    Right you are Chris. I did some more research and found that the 2003's usually didn't have a label and the zero fret. Here's a picture of another one I found:
    I haven't seen anything earlier than a 2003 Nomade, and wondering ifthat was the first year of production.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I had a Nomade that I bought from Jacques Mazzoleni a very reputed dealer.
    That guitar didn't have the headstock logo nor a zero fret and I'm sure it was authentic... Even showed it to the guys at the Dupont stand at Samois and they confirmed it was an early one and original.
    They used sitka for the tops back then, mine also had walnut back and sides.

In fact my Nomade was the one on that last pic with the lighter spot on the finish near the bridge where the previous owner had an Stimer volume control fixed and later removed
    I liked it a lot but I think the new ones are brighter and louder as well
  • paulgpaulg New
    Thanks Harry; I'm convinced. Still like to know, though: when was the first year Dupont made the Nomade???? Someone's got to know.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    paulg wrote: »
    Thanks Harry; I'm convinced. Still like to know, though: when was the first year Dupont made the Nomade???? Someone's got to know.
    Earliest I could find is 2003, if you ask Google for Dupont Nomade 2002 it can't find any, but for 2003 there are many posts and the earliest appear to be labelled February.
  • paulgpaulg New
    Thanks Chris, and to everyone for their help. So, it seems that I have one from the first year without logos (there is a label inside however).
    Arrives in a few days--let you know if anything interesting about it turns up.
  • make1968make1968 New

I have a Dupont Nomade dated December 2002 (on the label inside). And it's a lefty! No headstock logo, no zero fret. I bought it last year from France. Some fret wear for sure, but it's one of my favourite guitars, a lovely instrument!

BillDaCostaWilliamsBucojuanderer
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O