DjangoBooks.com

Rhythm sound on Peche or other magnetic pickups

flacoflaco Shelley Park #151, AJL Quiet and Portable
Hi everyone, I have read comments that rhythm, or specifically le pompe, doesn’t sound good on magnetic pickups. Does anyone have any videos or recordings showing what this sounds like? I can find lots of examples of lead sound but not many showing rhythm.

Comments

• edited February 2019 Posts: 1,231
    It doesn't sound acoustic, but I've gotten over that a long time ago. The Barault is with a Lace. The CB is with a Peche. I haven't looked back since I went this way over the Ischell, which was kind of a pain in the ass. Here are examples at different volumes, tempos, etc.

adrianBucoMehran s
  • flacoflaco Shelley Park #151, AJL Quiet and Portable
    Sounds great, thanks for the quick response!
    Jim Kaznosky
    @Jim Kaznosky is Le Temps Qui Passe your original? Love that tune.
    Especially that bridge line that guitar/keyboard plays together. That's golden!
    Jim Kaznosky
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    Yes. There's a lot of songwriting mixing modern and classic elements going on in the band right now. That's a fun one to play. Thank you.

To bring this back, we've tried many different amplification options as we play at least twice a week and have to be portable. The mags are the easiest option. There are limited adjustments that are needed if we leave home base for a private gig. Before, it was endless screwing around with mike placement or eq. Now that keyboard rig is a totally different story.
    Buco
    That's some pretty awesome song writing.

With a lot of these magnetic pickups, the sound depends a lot on how you eq-it on your preamp pedal and/or amp. Dial in a warmer sound and you can play lapompe with it.
    Well, as Jim demonstrated, it sound great.
    I was always satisfied with the rhythm sound I get with Krivo.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    The majority of those tunes are written by Mattias Gustafsson, who has quite a bit of experience in the pop world and Bryan Beninghove on the sax, keyboards, melodica, and general sparkle. We've all written a bit for the second record. But thank you. I'm lucky to play with these guys.
    BucoMarkA