DjangoBooks.com

What do people think of this? Never heard of ADM

I've never heard of this company before and it seems to have just popped up recently, the website looks suspect as does the price cut, anyone heard of them before? I've been looking at getting a Gitane/Cigano/Altamira for a while, I'd love a 14fret D hole but I'd still take an oval

Edit: I believe the website goes by Alldaysmusic

Tagged:

Comments

• dlj1dlj1 New

Professional Oval Hole Gypsy Jazz Guitar with Case https://www.amazon.com/Solid-Gypsy-Jazz-Guitar-Oval/dp/B00Z8OSVVS

I like the way she is definately holding that guitar.

I don't know anything about those guitars. But I would probably not bother.

theholyrollers
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

The guitar on Alldaysmusic is clearly a cheap Chinese one. It would never sell for $999 as they claim and even at their lower price it's not worth it. There are two giveaways to the origin of the guitar, the first is the location of the truss rod cover, the second is the massive heel.

I imported a guitar from the Aersi factory in China, it was a maple oval hole with a slimmer heel than the one on Alldaysmusic - much more like a Gitane or similar. It wasn't the greatest gypsy guitar but it was adequate. And here's the best bit, it cost £220 pounds including a semi rigid hard case and shipping.

always learning
  • dlj1dlj1 New

I think I'm gonna wait and get a Cigano or Garage, they certainly seem to be well recommended and will be the most expensive SelMac type I can afford for the foreseeable, I'm playing a Richwood at the moment - I got it to see if I could get along with the reststroke technique before committing to an expensive instrument - now I can't develop my technique much further because of the guitars construction

I've seen those bulky heels before. I can't remember who makes them but they're not good GJ guitars. They're ok guitars but not an upgrade over your Richwood. Aiersi may be and definitely anything from Saga, Altamira or Eastman will be an upgrade.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

I've owned a Gitane DG-255 (overtones galore), a Paris Swing GG-39 (nice sound, but not very loud) and a Cigano GJ-10, which is the best of the three, IMHO. I picked up the 2008 Cigano off Craigslist for around $250, and leave it on the stand for quick access. It gets played a lot. Of course my Dupont MD-100 is a work of art compared to the others.

rudolfochristdlj1
  • dlj1dlj1 New

Thank you all so much for your help, I'm now the proud owner of a brand new GJ-10. What an amazing guitar.

BucovanmalmsteenAndyWBillDaCostaWilliams