DjangoBooks.com

Any Gypsy Jazz players or enthusiasts in Metro Atlanta or North Georgia?

DeuxDoigts_TonnerreDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre Lawrenceville GA USANew Stringphonic #503 Basic, Altamira M30D, Eastman AR810CE, Giannini Craviola
in North America Posts: 55
Greetings from North Georgia. I live about 30 miles north-east of Atlanta in a town named Lawrenceville. Just looking for any other Django-heads in the area for jamming and hanging.
dm7b5acalvane92

Comments

• joechoojoechoo New
    greetings. i have attempted to start a jam in atlanta and was successful a couple of times but the guy moved away. i have a jam every wednesday night in macon ga if you want to travel that far down. we play for 2 hours. we've been at it for several years now. they say the first 30 years are the hardest, so we got 27 more to go lol
    dm7b5
  • PompierPompier MarylandNew Cigano GJ-15
    Consider setting up a page for your jam(s) at meetup.com or a similar site. This makes it easy to find. Who knows how many potential participants are out there. For example, you wouldn't expect that the DC area GJ jam page has 484 registered members. Luckily, they don't all show up to play la pompe at the same time.
    dm7b5Buco
    I'm in Kennesaw.

You're not Greg by chance, are you?
  • joechoojoechoo New
    if you all get together, let me know, i'll drive up for a jam. i'm in atlanta frequently
  • DeuxDoigts_TonnerreDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre Lawrenceville GA USANew Stringphonic #503 Basic, Altamira M30D, Eastman AR810CE, Giannini Craviola
    acalvene92 No, I am not Greg. I see you are in Kennesaw. I went to school at SPSU, which is now KSU.
  • jvillafljvillafl New Geronimo Mateos, Django Model
    Hey DeuxDoigts, I'm in Candler Park (and new to this forum, though I've been playing gj for several years). Would be great to jam some day.
  • ninninninnin New
    Hey jvillafl, I live in Poncey Highland and would love to jam. I know most of the GJ players in town and I have GJ group called the Bonaventure Quartet. Email me at [email protected]
  • PrimoPrimo New

Hi all, glad to have found you! I am moving to the Duluth/Suwanee area and would appreciate if someone could suggest a quality gypsy-jazz-savvy guitar teacher. I am an advanced beginner/intermediate level player of rock and blues. I heard Django and Jerry Garcia music, and let’s just say that I am headed in their directions!

Thanks in advance?

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 Posts: 867

Look up Charles Williams.

there is an email and phone contact there.

I'll let him know you are here also.

• DeuxDoigts_TonnerreDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre Lawrenceville GA USANew Stringphonic #503 Basic, Altamira M30D, Eastman AR810CE, Giannini Craviola

Hey Primo.  I live in the Lawrenceville/Suwanee area and I would definitely be up for jamming sometime.  I am fluent in blues and rock, and about advanced beginner level for gypsy jazz guitar.

Would love to jam out on some Django or Jerry, or both...

Will send you a PM with my info.