DjangoBooks.com

Good Guitar Shop for GJ Setup In Los Angeles Area

GrimfanDjangoGrimfanDjango Thousand Oaks,CaNew 1996 Maurice Dupont MD50, 2014 Moustache Hybrid D-hole
Does anyone know of a very good guitar shop for GJ setup in Los Angeles area? I just purchased a used Dupont MD50e . Great Guitar but the high E buzzes like a sitar. I could probably do the work myself but I am too scared to break my new baby. :)

Thanks

Grim

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Bring her on up to Tacoma - Washington! I'll fix her up and then we can jam!

Cheers,
    Josh
  • GrimfanDjangoGrimfanDjango Thousand Oaks,CaNew 1996 Maurice Dupont MD50, 2014 Moustache Hybrid D-hole
    Josh Hegg wrote:
    Bring her on up to Tacoma - Washington! I'll fix her up and then we can jam!

Cheers,
    Josh

I wish I could! I grew up in Victoria, B.C. so I'd be right at home. :)

-G
  • MontereyJacquesMontereyJacques ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011 Posts: 81
  • GrimfanDjangoGrimfanDjango Thousand Oaks,CaNew 1996 Maurice Dupont MD50, 2014 Moustache Hybrid D-hole
    Hey,

http://www.lutherie.net/

You could ask the folks at Buffalo Brothers (somewhat in your area), or ****, of Dell Arte, also.

Jack

Great! Thanks. Like I said the guitar is a gem it just needs a little TLC.

Grim.
  • CampusfiveCampusfive Los Angeles, CA✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet is just to find a good tech. Go to California Vintage in Van Nuys and ask them for a referral. They have a good in house guy, but they also gave me a re feral that turned to to be great.