DjangoBooks.com

Question to Michael - Gypsy Rhythm vol 2 & 3

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    edited August 2014 Posts: 513
    It's pretty exhaustive in its scope. Because of Michael's examples and references, I certainly started listening to players looking for signs of the Dutch style vs French style. And that is a magical skill to work on!
    MichaelHorowitz
  • bpbpbpbp New
    Hi Michael,
    do you have any update on the release date of vol 2 & 3 ?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Ha ha....those books are basically done and have been since like 2008. I just got so busy with other stuff I haven't had time to do the final editing and CDs. I swear I will release them someday, but I may need to hire someone to take over the day to day operations here to do so.
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    I ask you to keep one thing in mind: a Trump administration will possibly forbid all Latino rhythms. Therefore it would be better to publish the books before.
    pickitjohnMichaelHorowitzBucoLoritmoLango-DjangoPassacaglia
  • EldenElden New

Hi Michael, sorry to nag but it looks like the question hasn't been asked for a while.. how are the books coming along? I'm sure there's a number of people super keen to get their hands on it still. Love the first volume by the way, I'm going through it as I type this :)

@elden I can’t really say but one day when I finally get a break I’ll get those other rhythm books printed!

Bob HoloPassacaglia
  • leicabossleicaboss New

Wanted to bring this up again :)

@leicaboss thanks for your interest! I can’t say I’ve really made any progress on those books but I still plan to publish them one day.

• pdgpdg ✭✭

At least it's not a subject that changes quickly, so it will be relevant whenever the books come out!

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I think Greg Ruby showed a good example of how crowdsourcing can get projects like this done. His Oscar Aleman songbook saw over $8000 raised by just over 100 people. Similarly, his Frank Waldron project saw donations over $12k to get it done. It certainly erases some of the financial risk of low sales in a digital piracy era. You might think about setting a number goal that would give you enough incentive to finish, print, and put your work into the world for posterity! Some of the higher funding levels might even include gift certificates to the Djangobooks store or bundles with Gypsy Rhythm #1, Gypsy Picking or other books of yours. Find a price that might be less than the final listing price that would incentivize "investors" to jump in early and fund the project. Think about it!

cmcmurphy22WillieBillDaCostaWilliamsrudolfochrist