DjangoBooks.com

Swing: Worth Buying?

ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
edited July 2006 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 551
I'll probably get it sometime just for the charming scene at the cafe, but is there much more Tchavolo besides that? I need a review! :)

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Tchavolo is essentially one of the primary charecters. I like the movie ok. I think it is worth it.

p.s. did anyone else think Mandino Reinhardt is actually a pretty good actor???
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! In fact I think a lot of Gatlif movies are worth checking out; also try Latcho Drom and Gadjo Dilo.

Best,
    Jack.
  • FopaFopa San FranciscoNew
    Jack wrote:
    Agreed! In fact I think a lot of Gatlif movies are worth checking out; also try Latcho Drom and Gadjo Dilo.

Best,
    Ja
    ck.

I just watched Gadjo Dilo the other night. A really cool movie. The chick that was the romantic lead was smokin'. I wonder if she is an actress, or a real gypsy, (non actress), that he got to play the part.
    -fopa
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Fopa wrote:
    Jack wrote:

Best,
    Ja
    ck.

I just watched Gadjo Dilo the other night. A really cool movie. The chick that was the romantic lead was smokin'. I wonder if she is an actress, or a real gypsy, (non actress), that he got to play the part.

That was Rona Hartner...she's a Jewish actress from Romania.
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    CalebFSU wrote:
    Tchavolo is essentially one of the primary charecters. I like the movie ok. I think it is worth it.

p.s. did anyone else think Mandino Reinhardt is actually a pretty good actor???

I was astonished to see that Tchavolo is a really cool actor. Reminds me very much at Charles Aznavour in the Film "Die Blechtrommel".

I think "Monsieur. Bambino" was a good actor, too. I would like to see more of stuff like this.

Best,
    Barengero
  • kerouackerouac Near LuxembourgNew
    My cousin is a director. Pherhaps I can trick him to make a movie about Jazz manouche.
    And besides that he is my cousin it is obviously that I´m starring this whole thing :lol:
    kerouac...formerly known as SwingOpi.