DjangoBooks.com

Various D. Reinhardt songs

ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
edited October 2007 in Repertoire Posts: 296
I posted this message on the hotclub.co.uk site as well. I have a bunch of powertab files made for various Django Reinhardt songs that are rarely looked at, much less transcribed. I feel a lot of his song's are often overlooked, and lets face it...how many more "Minor Swing" transcriptions do we really need? Steve (Zoot) is going to be posting them up on his site soon, but if anyone wants them beforehand give me your email address and I will send them to you. Here are the songs I have transcribed (or with the help of someone, as noted below):

*Charleston- solo
*Deccaphonie
*Oiseaux des Iles
*Artillerie Lourde- including full solo and theme, by myself and Tom Leoni
*Menilmontant- Charles Trenet's melody
*Menilmontant- solo, by Mark Harris (did a fantastic job for a great solo), not myself.
*It's Only a Paper Moon- solo, also by Mark Harris
*Porto Cabello
*Mystery Pacific- the entire intro.
*Swing From Paris- entire song including solo
*My Sweet (Take 1)- which I think is the better of the two (Take 2 has already been transcribed before)
*Hot Lips- solo, still working on this one and will have it finished soon
*Montagne St. Genevive

...and a few others. I have a lot of Django's powertab files I have made over the years, so if you want a particular song just let me know because I might have it.

Comments

• tumchaktumchak ✭✭
    hi Shawn, well i would be interested by the tab for porto cabello and mistery pacific, they´re great tunes that we want to add to the list of songs we play around.

thanks very much

my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited May 2008 Posts: 768
    hi Shawn !

It sounds great ! I'm interested too !

Here's my email : <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Tks !
  • ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Not a problem! I am currently away for the weekend, but I will send them to you as soon as I get back home.

Tumchak...I will send both of those to you. Those two particular songs you want are pretty much the general themes...I'm still working on transcribing the solo's for those two particular tunes.

Spatzo...do you want me to send you all the files? Or, do you just want a few particular one's?
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Hi Shawn !

Well if it's not a problem for you the whole ... Tks very much !

Best
  • The LosThe Los San DiegoNew
    Thanks Shawn for the intro to Mystery Pacific. But does anyone have the whole song? At least the chords?
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi Shawn,

If you'd like, you can just upload your ptb files right here and save yourself the repetitive emailing...just put them into the Add and Attachment section of the posting page. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy them!

Best,
    Jack.
    Spatzo...do you have another email address. I keep getting the "Delivery failure" message when I try the address you gave me.

Jack...that's a great idea! I don't know why I just didn't think about that before. However, I have been having problems adding attachments on this forum and I can't figure out why; I will give it another try though.
  • dburdickdburdick New
    shawn-

if you could send them to me, I'd appreciate it! I could also post them online for you. dave at alpinedave.com
    Oh, I'm sorry about that Dave...I thought I had already sent them to you. I will send them to you now, sorry for the delay. My apologies!

Shawn
    Ok, I am putting these transcriptions up on the site. I hope everyone is able to view them ok. Let me know if anyone has any problems viewing them!