DjangoBooks.com

Ischell Inside BOX + CPJ

124»

Comments

• Another satisfied customer. I traded up from the Schertler Basik for this and it is a very good pickup right out of the box. I was a little hesitant based on price alone, but it is well worth it.
  • MarkAMarkA Vermont✭✭✭ Holo Epiphany, Gibson L-5
    I'm really pleased with the Ischell, I've been using it on several gigs with a quintet that includes two horns and a drummer. On a Dupont MDC-50e the Ischell has delivered a very good acoustic sound without feedback issues (played through an AI Clarus 2R into a RE Nighthawk and AI Ten 2). I like it better than the Schertler DYN-G I previously owned.
  • icyhoticyhot Los Angeles✭✭✭
    Just wandering how this compares to an AT pro-70 in the behind the bridge position with the violin mount. More or less natural? More gain before feedback? I've been able to get pretty loud with the Pro70 violin mount going into a bagga venue di with the phase switch on and the low cut filter. Wandering if this is step up sound and volume wise from pro70. Thanks
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I've tried both the Ischell and the AT831b (which is similar to the Pro 70) with both the violin mount and the AT8444 guitar clip, as have the other two guitarists in my band. We find the AT to be somewhat more natural, as you would expect, but more feedback prone at higher volumes than the Ischell, even with tweaking on our preamps. I use a Headway EDB1 preamp, the other two use Baggs Para DIs.

If we are playing in a theatre with a good soundman at the controls, we somewhat prefer the AT, but the Ischells are natural enough, and we use them most of the time. Much prefer them to the Schertler Basik, Schatten (both of which I've tried), as well as any Bigtone that I've ever heard.

I must say though, that last night we played for what must have been the noisiest event we've ever done - a 30s Murder Mystery, with everyone in costume - and we were wishing we had not sent our Peche a la Mouches back. Didn't like the electric sound, but there are times ...
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Saw Stephane Wrembel last night. He and his rhythm player sounded great with their Ischells only, placed exactly as pics show...on the bass side, about the end of the moustache joint of the bridge, maybe an inch or so away. PLENTY loud, zero issues.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Those of you who already own the Ischell likely know this, but it sounds perfect when you place it at on the top at a brace location. Additionally, the LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI is a great match for this.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    I use my Ischell with a foot pedal for just that reason, and it works a treat!
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."