DjangoBooks.com

Ergonomics of holding the instrument question

2»

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    On the lee side of 51, with lots of help getting older by ^&^*&$%^@%$*& my body 20ish years ago and counting. If I knew then how precious this little carrier of energy and love is, I'd not have allowed myself to have the snot beaten out of me on a tatami for years, or leaning over a stove 15-18 hours a day. An eternal thing, I know, but I cringe when I see some of the things younger folks do to themselves...
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • I bought a tush cush today....tried it on my nice office chair and with adjustments of the lumbar support I have the best of both worlds and for normal chairs it is for me wonderful...wish I had done it years ago.

My hindquarters are not very well padded and even when sitting upright my tailbone is touching the chair ...this thing takes all the pressure off and what a relief that is.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Jay et al - I'm willing to try anything. I get the joy of a full body EMG this week, and playing hurts like hell. I hate having to hold off on playing, so yep, I'm up for it. The "tush-cush," I see they have different makes or sizes, for different purposes - presume most here get the large, and go with an armless office chair + lumbar support? Any further thoughts from those who found a solution?

Also, the "Seat Mate Coccyx Cushion" seems like a cheaper copy - not sure it holds up over time - but significantly cheaper. Anyone happen to use one of these?

ps: (I finally found my stuff is neuro, not ortho in nature - so there's a lot more than low back and radiating lower trunk pain...so hopefully I can find a solution for my shoulders and arms as well, intrigued by that guitar cushion earlier in the thread).
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • AWTAWT Oslo,Norway Jacques Favino #357,René Gérome "American"model.
    I´m with Lango-Django all the way!