DjangoBooks.com

Post Django in June: file under How Stupid is This?

Comments

• tmaccaferriantmaccaferrian ✭✭
    I think we all go to Django in June with the expectation of playing until our fingers bleed - but this takes it to the extreme!
    Speedy recovery...
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Yeah, there's bleeding, and then there's geysering. Not the same thing at all.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
    This is called "Celebrating National Hand Mutilation Week". Its a common thing, especially amongst instrument makers such as myself.

Heal up well!

Casey
  • roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
    Man that sucks...good food, rest etc etc....get well soon!
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Hey bro! I wish you a quick recovery... Great opportunity to get those two finger Django arpeggios going
  • DjangoJimDjangoJim Edgewood, WA✭✭✭ Dupont MD50 Cedar Top
    Whoa, that sucks! I feel your pain. I broke a ring finger about two years ago. But I suppose it could have been worse. Speedy (and patient) recovery, my friend. You'll be back swinging soon! Good jamming with you at DIJ.

Jim Char
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Hey bro! I wish you a quick recovery... Great opportunity to get those two finger Django arpeggios going
    True, Enrique, but I can't chord. You'd think three finger chords would be possible, but I've always played them with mostly that finger. By the time I retrain my self, the bugger will be healed.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • My heart goes out to you Ben. I had a moment like that with a wood chisel, and knew better but ...... right to the bone but at least I didn't break the bone.

We get so used to home and cars I think at times it is so easy to forget that some of these things can really bite. Ever since then, every time I use my table saw, I am thinking about how difficult it would play missing a finger on my left hand. Helps keep me careful
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • mikegnikmikegnik Southern NJ, Philly✭✭ Bumgarner #47, 50’s Castelluccia round hole
    Damn Ben! Perhaps it would be more humanistic to file under "What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger." instead of talks of stupidity. Though, I can only imagine the frustration, especially if gigs are on the horizon.

Very nice to meet you at DIJ. Speedy recovery!

I'm going to play without finger 3 today out of sympathy.

Cheers,
    Mike Nikolidakis
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    mikegnik wrote:
    Damn Ben! Perhaps it would be more humanistic to file under "What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger." instead of talks of stupidity. Though, I can only imagine the frustration, especially if gigs are on the horizon.

Very nice to meet you at DIJ. Speedy recovery!

I'm going to play without finger 3 today out of sympathy.

Cheers,
    Mike Nikolidakis

Not to profit from our friend's lousy turn of events (Ben, I hope you're healing well), but Mike, on a personal note, it was great to meet you and your family as well. Look forward to seeing you next year, hopefully.

Stay well, everyone.

Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.