DjangoBooks.com

Ischell setup?

2»

Comments

• PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the muddiness, Jim et al - I think what I'm asking is, if I'm using the Para for volume, gain and equalizer, what settings should my amp channels get? I have the amp graphic at flat, but there's still the channel's gain and master volume - not sure how to figure out the amp volume at the "need for loudest point," when I've also got the Para for volume control.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • You're not a luddite. I'm using jargon. Unity gain means that the volume on your Para DI should be at the same level as your amp. MEaning that if you turned off your PDI, you would not be louder or softer.

I don't use the double sided sticky. I use velcro.

With the amp, volume is to taste. You need to figure out how loud you need to be for each gig, each room, each crowd....etc. Set it on the amp, use the PARA DI to control your adjustments.
    Perfect, gotcha, thanks, Jim. I, too live in an apartment, so feel reluctant to go Metal with it all, but I was playing around yesterday and was amazed at how little can yield so much. Doubly pleased to hook up the 831B with its soundhole clip, and get decently loud, no feedback. As a rhythm player, it occurs to me, I might yet have little need for any volume that truly pushes these things....but if I do, some pretty nice controls to deal with it.

You've been a big help, thanks. Ben, you as well.

Paul
    -Paul

One more question on the Ischell. Used it in a bar performance Friday, sounded great. The only issue is that the "sticky" surface on the 1/4 jack isn't so sticky, after just a few times on and off. I ended up simply taping the jack to the guitar during sound check.

Any of you have this problem? Jim, I think I recall you saying you use velcro - velcro, permanently attached to the guitar? What about some Schertler gum?
    -Paul

• Paul - I just used velcro. I wouldn't say that it is permanently attached to the tailpiece, but it's on there until I take it off. I have to say, I've just been leaving the Ischell on the guitar as I'm gigging enough.
    Thanks Jim. Dumb question, but how do you fix the velcro to your guitar? My jack is on the bottom of the guitar, where a belt peg would go.

Secondly, I thought of just leaving it on as well, but wondered if the mic "pillow" would eventually dry out, if left on?
    -Paul

• I have had mine on since I got it in July...or one and off. It is still sticky and malleable.
    Great, thanks Jim.

Edit: solved. Thanks Jim, once again.
    -Paul

Anyone have or know where a link to the manual exists? I don't have one, wanting to get a copy for another member who bought my Ischell. Ischell, the company, is being difficult...want a photo of my Ischell, when I already told them this is for the Inside Box CP+J, should be a no-brainer.

Thanks,

Paul
    -Paul

No one, folks?
    -Paul