DjangoBooks.com

Congratulations, Adrian H!

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
Adrian, I was delighted to see that you have been added to the staff of Django in June 2013!

Many congratulations on this much-deserved honour!

You are a source of inspiration and pride to all of us North American players.

Your fan,

Will

PS I also hope you'll consider doing a "SoundSlice for Idiots" session...?
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    (Just saw this.)

Thanks, Will! Sure, more than happy to do an in-person Soundslice tutorial. :)

Adrian
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Seriously, congrats!

So many of the players that I really look up to at one place that I am thinking about finally going this year if I can pull it together.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Mike, that would be great. I'm planning to go again this year, too.

I'm too much of a wimp to go to Samois. In my dreams I've just finished my great solo--- and then some seven year old kid plays a way better one!
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    In my dreams I've just finished my great solo--- and then some seven year old kid plays a way better one!

One of the things that both crushed my feeble spirits, and brought me to say, hell with it, I'll never be that, was watching Django Legacy...a 7-8ish Jimmy Rosenberg with his mates, sitting on some log benches and playing the hell out of a tune. Jimmy calls out a "stop" and they break in perfect time, while he flies all over the fretboard with his arm in near vertical position, the guitar is so oversized for his young bod.

"I'll never be that" has given a certain comfort... :D
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
    yup! Thats pretty much the way it is in my dream, Paul, except that while I attempt to play my pathetic best, I am surrounded by a legion of young Jimmy Rosenberg clones, all smirking and making faces like "somebody farted".

yup! Thats pretty much the way it is in my dream, Paul, except that while I attempt to play my pathetic best, I am surrounded by a legion of young Jimmy Rosenberg clones, all smirking and making faces like "somebody farted".

:D
    -Paul

• Hey you two ..... dontcha think it would be more worth your energy to focus on playing your music rather than someone elses. :lol::lol:

Every year, the music school industry pumps out another few thousand jazz saxaphonists.(and probably 10 x that guitar players) The ones I have heard, I respect their technical achievements, but so many of them say the same things when they play. After a short while of hearing what they have to say repeated over and over again, I have to move on.

AS the man said, I would rather hear one perfect note with real meaning than a 1,000 displaying facile brilliance.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Humor. n. That quality which appeals to a sense of the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous.

That would be, myself, and any notion of playing at the level of a kid who was soloing freely years before his first 'stache wisps made the scene. :D
    -Paul

Well, as luck would have it, Jay, today I just happen to have worked my ass off working up an uptempo solo for "Avalon", currently clocking in at 230 bpm but hopefully once I've worked the kinks out, heading up to 250 or hopefully more.

That's not because I WANT to play it that fast, mind you, but I play with this insanely great clarinet/sax guy who can apparently play at any goddam tempo he wants, and he often kicks 'em off fast just for the hell of it, leaving me sputtering in the dust.

Practising is fine, but like they say, you've gotta stop and smell the roses every now and then, and I did think my dream was worth sharing... what? You don't come here for the free therapy?
    :wink:

• Rofl
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed