DjangoBooks.com

New Rosenberg Trio material?

2»

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    and to think that i gave away my entire CD collection a few years ago.. I had EVERYTHING GJ, all the rare stuff .. as far as the Rosenbergs go, I had everything signed too !!! oh well...

I think I still have a private recording they made with the classical violinist Jaap Van Zweden where they play classical music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysJFV069g3g

maybe if i dig it up, i'll give it to the rosenberg manager for them to put on their site
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    dennis wrote:
    and to think that i gave away my entire CD collection a few years ago.. I had EVERYTHING GJ, all the rare stuff .. as far as the Rosenbergs go, I had everything signed too !!! oh well...

I think I still have a private recording they made with the classical violinist Jaap Van Zweden where they play classical music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysJFV069g3g

maybe if i dig it up, i'll give it to the rosenberg manager for them to put on their site

Thanks, Denis, that would be awesome! The film clip, I love this DVD (in case anyone wonders, I think it's on the special features to the Samois DVD, unless I've confused it with another one of the DVDs from them). Wish I spoke Dutch...what miniscule amount of German I know allows me a glimpse or two here or there, but these scenes with Jaap are so cool. Also, watching them transcribe instantly, no issues, listening to some music in their living room. I thought of you when watching it. Sort of sets the bar for good ears. :oops:
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy

Any faves among their remaining recordings? I've got now under consideration:

Rosenberg Trio Live, with Van Dijk Louis, Suenos Gitanos, Impressions (unlikely - seems generally unavailable and used is listing at $286!), Gipsy Summer.

I've also sought the North Sea DVD, no luck. Recommendations?

Check out the CD they made with dutch singer/entertainer Hermann van Veen: "Deine Küsse sind süßer". Mostly sung by Herman of course, but nice guitar playing though.

Best,
    Barengero
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Barengero, thanks man! Added.

Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
    You can also find some recordings of the Rosenberg Trio on Stéphane Grappelli's CD "85 and still Swinging". It's a live recording from his 85th Birthday Concert he gave in the Carnegie Hall in 1993.

Best,
    Barengero
    Hi all,

check this one, too: