DjangoBooks.com

2008 Dupont Busato Royale Maple ***NEW PRICE***

2»

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    This isn't exactly quilted, more like crazy flame, but this is a semi-hollow carved archtop electric that I built years ago before I got into GJ. It's bigleaf. I love the way figured maple looks (and sounds). I tend to think it is a bit brighter/crisper (if that makes sense) than indian rosewood or mahogany. But then every piece of wood is different. Getting into another 'subjective' area. Fraught with peril I suppose.

BTW, hand carving that figured maple is a real bee-otch. The grain runs every which way.
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    nice... and nicely done! nice looking guitar.
    you´re right, i´ve been making some shop utensils out of maple and walnut and whenever runout appears on maple, even using sharp blades, it´s tough not to get some chippings... you have to take reeeeally small shavings, which is an exercise in patience more than dexterity. it appears that the grain changes directions very abruptly... but it pays off, the figure is amazing. now we´re getting further and further away from the subject... sorry folks!