DjangoBooks.com

DiJ attendees, band up for a cab from the airport?

Comments

• jimvencejimvence Austin, TX✭✭
    jkaz wrote:
    I just posted on the NYC FB page. Looks like I may rent a car from Jersey City. Would be willing to drive to and from (to JC) for a little throw-in. Alternatively, I'd equally be happy sharing anyone's costs if they are driving. If I rent, I'll be leaving noon-ish on Tuesday.

I will likely get a car rental myself. PM or email me (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->) if I can assist with transport.
    jkaz wrote:
    I just posted on the NYC FB page. Looks like I may rent a car from Jersey City. Would be willing to drive to and from (to JC) for a little throw-in. Alternatively, I'd equally be happy sharing anyone's costs if they are driving. If I rent, I'll be leaving noon-ish on Tuesday.

When are you planning to leave back for JC? Maybe I could hitch a ride (and chip in) to Harford airport, seems like it's on the way?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • If I drive, I will let you know.
    Where are 170 or so attendees for this year, I thought most frequent djangobooks?
    Four people in the cab over the cost of shuttle would result with a $100 free tab at the "Northampton brewery".
    How does that sound?
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    wim wrote:
    Does anybody drive to/from NYC? I'm keen to hitch a ride back.

I have some guys tentative in my car, but if they back out, I can swing you down. You should also post on FB - NYC Gypsy Jazz Community.

J

OK thanks .. ! My first DiJ, what time do people generally leave on the 23rd - is there stuff in the daytime or is it all over already in the morning?

Can anyone recommend for me which provider to get a local sim card when I arrive to the US, I've heard verizon are good and T-mobile have no coverage ..
  • I was generally fine with AT&T the entire week last year.
  • swingnationswingnation ✭✭
    wim wrote:
    OK thanks .. ! My first DiJ, what time do people generally leave on the 23rd - is there stuff in the daytime or is it all over already in the morning?

Nothing scheduled for Sunday morning and most people are gone by lunch time. My car leaves whenever Shopis is done with any last minute work he has to do. Usually around 1 or 2.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    I've got some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that yesterday I traded in my dumpy old Ford sedan for a brand new tangerine-coloured Fiat 500. Whoopee!

The bad news is that my new ride is so small I don't think that anybody else but me and my buddy Anthony Parker are going to fit in it when I pick him up at midnight Monday night.

Sorry if this will disappoint anyone, but so far nobody else has told me they wanted a ride with us at that time.

Someday when you young punks have Midlife Crises of your own, you will understand. :wink:

Will
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    I love those cinquecento guys, but bring something red to flag a guitar case neck that'll be sticking outside of the hatch.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    How easy is hitch-hiking in the states? When I was in europe I hitched all the way from Barcelona up to Amsterdam, it was a blast and met some awesome people and the drive through the french countryside was gorgeous. I have never been to the US, is the culture similar in this respect .. ? If I fail to catch a ride from DIJ back to brooklyn is it possible to hop on a bus or a plane at the last minute , or would it be more advisable to book something well in advance? Cheers :mrgreen: