DjangoBooks.com

DiJ attendees, band up for a cab from the airport?

13»

Comments

In many states hitchhiking is illegal.
    I think Massachusetts too.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    wim wrote:
    How easy is hitch-hiking in the states? When I was in europe I hitched all the way from Barcelona up to Amsterdam, it was a blast and met some awesome people and the drive through the french countryside was gorgeous. I have never been to the US, is the culture similar in this respect .. ? If I fail to catch a ride from DIJ back to brooklyn is it possible to hop on a bus or a plane at the last minute , or would it be more advisable to book something well in advance? Cheers :mrgreen:

Wim, sadly, I'd caution against it. I hitchhiked a lot as a kid...up and down California, 15 years old. But that was a long time ago. And not sure what buses service the route you're looking for, but my experience, avoid Greyhound...perhaps some of our NY mates can chime in? I think with the bus, you can at least book last minute, without outrageous cost. I'll deign to others on this.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    Hey Wim,

I'm driving up with a friend from NY you can join us I think. I just need to check with him but he's in the Phillippines now. I'll email as soon as I find out.

Cheers,
    Em
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Emmett! Man it will be good to see you again. I'm gonna camp at samoreau this time, fontainebleau was so nice but it was tooooo far.. :)
    Hey,
    I'm catching a ride with a friend who just recently relocated to east coast.
    My flight lands at noon on Monday and that's when he's picking me up to take me to the town.
    If someone is around he has plenty of space in his VW camper and is willing to drive.
    Send me an email or a private msg through forum if this fits you.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel