DjangoBooks.com

Which chord is Django playing in that famous photo?

2»

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    he s playing the secret chord that leonard cohen referred to in Hallelujah
  • Dennis good thought. Its a 14 fret neck.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Hmmm. Not sure about the chord but a closer look shows that the pick may be a black Wegen Trimus. A very big black Wegen Triumus... :wink: AE
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    :D
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Here's a vote for an "F-69 tormented" chord.

:lol:
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Great detail of Django's pick, Archtop. He's usually got his fingers and thumb curled over, concealing it with his grip. Always thought it was a small tortoise shell pick (or a button). Only seen a couple of other photos where you can even see it. Agree the chord looks like a G7 or G9. Hard to tell what strings he's actually hitting at times. I think he played so intuitively, he didn't give alot of thought to the names of the chords... just what worked and sounded good. Anyone know what song was he playing?
    Swang on,