DjangoBooks.com

Gonzalo Bergara & Adrien Moignard - Clasico

13»

Comments

• AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Klicktrack.com also provides booklet in form of PDF. I don't know if they carry the Clasico record, haven't checked. But they do carry the Hot Club Records catalogue including the new "alternative best of jimmy rosenberg" record which I got from there.

Side note, but it's a good store if you want the booklet to go with your digital purchase.

Though if you ask me, nothing beats having the physical record in hand. When I was a kid/adolescent, my hard earned money was spent on carefully chosen records and the collection aspect was a huge part of that.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    For us Djangofiles, there is Djangostation.com whose reviews serve pretty well as liner notes and more.

Craig, I love Djangostation, hadn't even thought of it for this purpose. Great idea, thanks for pointing it up. Just looked up Plachterida (love this album....just got it...right away, great just to hear the different rhythm approaches).
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • MondoslugMondoslug New

Uhhh, so I'm new here to this...but the playing on this thing is ridiculous. That is all.

BucoMichaelHorowitzbillyshakesBones

I never get tired of this album. It's one of the best ever recorded in the genre. It's virtuosic showmanship and musicianship come together in a beautiful harmony. It showcases the beauty of the sound these guitars can have like very few albums out there. The bass holds it all together like a glue. It sounds so good too, many times the acoustic quality of these instruments is lost in the recording. Not here, you can really hear the timbre of each and visualize the wood behind the sound. Often Adriean's playing is too much "outside" for my taste. Adam nailed it earlier. They both have a perfect balance here, old standards refreshed. Playing incredibly fast lines for the sake of uplifting the music and then dial it down with such pretty melodic lines. I love the humor on the cover but this album is all the way MVP if there was ever one.

billyshakesBones
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭

I love Adrien's playing as well as Gonzalo's. Not a huge fan of either of their recorded output, just prefer to hear them play live. Clasico captures that "live" sort of playing that I like. Really glad they made this album for posterity. Maybe it's time to do another.

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I didn't know this album, so am enjoying listening to it.

VebjørnBuco
  • BonesBones Moderator

Billy, yeah this one is a modern classic (hehe) literally

billyshakes