DjangoBooks.com

Using the New Forum

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited January 2015 Posts: 936
    Roger That

SLOW I have definitely seen it much faster.

Lately I been clicking on things multiple times ( seems like nothing is happening )
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    sorry about that, I rebooted the server and it seems to be running faster now.
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    Me too this morning. Can happen when the php session folder gets too big. Clearing that out periodically (eg once a week) usually solves it w/out you having to reboot.
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
    Thanks for letting me know. The site seems to be responding quickly now but maybe my webhost was having some issues early this morning. I just rebooted to server. If you continue to have problems let me know, thanks!
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    iPad looses my log in info when I hit the back arrow at the top of page.
    makes knowing new post difficult
    pickitjohn wrote: »
    iPad looses my log in info when I hit the back arrow at the top of page.
    makes knowing new post difficult
    That is a peculiarity of the ipad. Mine does it do. The solution is to avoid using the back button and use the sites navigation links instead.

@MichaelHorowitz
    quote function doesn't work from mobile view, Android phone using Chrome browser.

Could you add a forum search function on the mobile view?
    alton
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    A forum search on the mobile site would be great!
    Buco wrote: »
    @MichaelHorowitz
    quote function doesn't work from mobile view, Android phone using Chrome browser.

Could you add a forum search function on the mobile view?

Thanks for pointing that out @Buco The quotes plugin seems to be incompatible with the mobile view in the new version of the forum. I'll have to wait till the developers update the plugin. For now, you can just switch to the desktop view if you need to use the quotes function.

I think there is another mobile theme I can use that has the search the function on it. I'll see if I can get that installed.

thanks....
    Bucopickitjohn
    Michael thanks for adding a search bar to the mobile view. Another question/request: can you make it so that there is some kind of notification right at the top of the page (on a mobile view) when you have a new message in the inbox? Maybe a red dot over the picture/avatar. As is you need to click on the picture to get it to drop down in order to see a notification. I've had messages sit for days without me realizing and I think I noticed other people mentioned something similar.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel