DjangoBooks.com

Brishen CD

Has anyone heard the C D from this band. 17 yr old guitar whiz Quinn Bachand and violinist Richard Moody?

Interested to know what others think.
The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Good stuff. Just listening to this again tonight while laminating rosewood - and wondering where I'd heard/met Richard Moody as his name was so familiar. I think he played with the Bills for a while ?!? Or one of Mark Atkinson's projects at any rate. I'm almost certain I saw him on tour in Portland a few years back in a two violin group with Adrian Dolan. That Dolan guy is Bergara-esque in his ability to pick up new instruments. He started the show playing on an accordion and I thought: "He's dynamite"... then a few songs later he sat down at the piano and I thought: "My God, he's even better on the piano." .... then a few songs later he picked up a violin and..... "Holy S***, he's amazing on the violin." ;-) And it turned out that the violin is in fact his primary instrument.

Quinn is also primarily a violin player but after spending a few years practicing guitar, he's now touring on it. Bright, talented, hard-working young guy & this is a really nice entree into the genre. I particularly liked Annie's Waltz.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.