DjangoBooks.com

Robin Nolan Midwest tour

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
Hey all,

Robin Nolan is coming to the Midwest U.S. this week. Here are the dates:

Tuesday, Feb. 11: Cleveland, OH (Nighttown)
Wednesday, Feb. 12: Detroit, MI (Cliff Bell's)
Thursday, Feb. 13: Bay City, MI (State Theatre)
Friday, Feb. 14: Chicago, IL (house concert)
Saturday, Feb. 15: Madison, WI (Midwest Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival)

Also, Robin is doing a workshop at Caravan Guitars in Chicago on the late afternoon / early evening on Feb. 14.

Adrian
Tagged:

Comments

• BarkonatorBarkonator Medina, OH✭✭ Mazaud - Vieux Paris
    Thanks for the heads up on this!! I will be seeing him in Cleveland tonight. I had to cancel dinner with some out of town sales reps tonight... but this will be much better!

Joe
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @adrian
    Great Post! Here in Texas just wishing, 8-> however my wish would be the Chi Town house concert and workshop. Wonder how that one came about. :hmmm:

Have a great time, Enjoy and Play well!

pick on
    pickitjohn
  • lacrossehotclublacrossehotclub La Crosse WI✭✭✭ Dupont Nomade
    Robin is also doing a workshop at the Brink Lounge in Madison on the afternoon Feb. 15.

midwestgypsyswingfest.com/lineup/

Thanks for a great show last night!

@adrian
    It was great to meet you yesterday! Hopefully I can make it to Django in June this year. I am asking for the time off from work today (fingers crossed!).

Joe
    adrian wrote: »
    Hey all,

Robin Nolan is coming to the Midwest U.S. this week. Here are the dates:

Friday, Feb. 14: Chicago, IL (house concert)

Adrian

Think I'll go if there are any front row seats left.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    @Barkonator Great to meet you in Cleveland! And I trust I'll see you at Django in June... :-)
    @adrian
    You talked me into it. I registered last night. I am really looking forward to the event. I will be practicing furiously over the next few months so I don't embarrass myself! :laugh:
    Chicago concert was a pure musical bliss.
    I was kidding about front row seats (I already had two tickets) but I actually did end up there, in the front row.
    It was so awesome to watch the guys from upclose like that.
    Robin needs to be seen and heard as the headliner. Because he doesn't play a blizzard of notes, his musicality doesn't shine when you hear him play with other soloists who often do play long lines of 16th notes at 240bpm, it can get drowned.
    But last night shine it did!
    People were just so excited, everyone I talked to loved the music including Robin's shoes.
    You don't get to hear a performance like this very often, this is one for the books.

Thanks guys!

Buco
    adrian
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    +1 to that! Robin was really on last night. He is such a unique stylist anyway, but a friend and I were talking afterwards that Robin is different every time we see him. Big kudos to Our Man, Adrian Holovaty, who held down the rhythm chair on his Holo in exemplary fashion. Great show!
    adrian
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • Dario NapoliDario Napoli Milano✭✭✭✭ Hahl Gitano Deluxe
    wish I could have been at any of these shows!! Have fun Adrian and Robin, ciaoooo!