DjangoBooks.com

I wish Django was in real-world tune more often.

Comments

• If I want to use a song as a playalong I use any tune pro...can pitch adjust very easily, can loop sections and remembers the adjustments.
    lostjohn
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Jazza, what is 'tune pro'?

thanks
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2014 Posts: 459
    pickitjohn wrote: »
    Possibly tuned to 432

Perhaps Django was on to something

Indeed. You'll find that in this video, the Rosenbergs are tuned to exactly 432:

It might be because all-string bands don't really have a reference pitch in the form of an instrument. Maybe Django didn't always have access to a tuning fork? Or maybe his hearing was so good he didn't need one.

Most people probably think it's mumbo jumbo, but deviating from 440 can make a recording seem more refreshing, if only subconsciously. Kind of like changing the key of a tune.

• kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    Tcha Limberger's band Les Violons aux Bruxelles aren't tuned to 440 on their album, they are almost halfway in between 440 pitches and it drives me a bit crazy because I don't know which direction to pitch them in. I just pick whichever direction is an easier key for me.
    MattHenry
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    I'm quite shure that Django just didn't want to make it too easy for his fans. Unfortunately I am not only too lazy to retune my guitar, but also too lazy to play it. So I am looking for a guitar that plays by itself all the stuff Django played. Any help appreciated!
    wim
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    I think the Limberger Les Violons is at 442. Standard European concert pitch.
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    Thanks Al, I'll give it a shot.
  • Sorry Bones missed your question. AnyTune Pro is an iPad app. Slows loops, marks stage loops all kinds of neat stuff for learning the old fashioned way. $30 but for me worth it. Particularly the tuning thing.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Craig DenneyCraig Denney Columbus, Ohio✭✭ 2011 Zwinakis
    What I do is upload the song or songs into a slow down program where you can change the pitch by increments, change the pitch until it gets as close as it can possibly get. It can take some time, but it works like no other. Then you can save the settings so it's always there.

I use Song Surgeon.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 3,319
    Hey Jazza, ok thanks, I'm ipad challenged so I'll have to stick with my crappy windows media player laptop program.

Denny do you use that on a PC or Mac?

thanks