DjangoBooks.com

I wish Django was in real-world tune more often.

13»

Comments

• Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    You guys might not be hip to the fact that sometimes stuff gets sped up or slowed down in the mixing and mastering process.
    Especially in the days when there would be different speeds of machines that were doing the transfers.
    Its easy to get pitch drift. Most of these things were done before digital tech or tuners every thing was its own reference point.
    When tracks were transferred to tape for re release the tape speeds can be way different than the original disk . Its all relative , just retune your guitars , it just takes a second. :-B
    Heck, I have old tuning forks that are off by a couple of cents to my strobe tuner. 438=A
    Some folks tune to pitch pipes . Those things are always flat. The harder you blow the flatter they get.
    wim
  • It's all relative
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    Spot on @Al Watsky about variable mastering speeds.

The one that really takes the biscuit for me is Robert Johnson's 'Preaching Blues', around G on the record. No way is the guitar tuned to DGDGBD though, it's a straight EBEG#BE open chord - can't be played otherwise.

But slow the track down to E and it becomes rather mundane in comparison to the amphetamine rush we're all familiar with.

The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    Gerard Leveque sounds great on Clarinet on this track.

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    Gadjo Thread :-)
    Buco
    Words of truth. No one else would bother.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Gadjo site !!
    BucoAl WatskyMichael Bauerkevingcox
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    LOL! Yes it is...
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.