DjangoBooks.com

Eastman Gypsy Guitars Coming

Comments

• scotscot Virtuoso
    Bingo
    constantine
    Why so cynical guys?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    I’m with Buco. We’ll know in a week. I like getting up in the morning with the notion that something is gonna knock my socks off from time to time. Happens all the time.
  • Like I said- first meeting on the first day in the first slot of the NAMM show is with Eastman. I will post video on the web of my first impression of these new Gypsy Guitars. Until then, it is all guessing.
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    @Buco - I love hearing about new options but it seems to me that we need more quality options in the $1000-$2000 range like Altamira, Latcho Drom, Stringphonic, Nomade rather than another gitane class guitar.
    OK I guess you're not a fan of Eastman guitars @constantine
    Cool, but I don't see any Eastman guitars selling used on Ebay at 70% off their original retail price.

I'm on the opposite end of your prediction, my feeling is that this Eastman line is going to disrupt a luthier made guitars market more than any other "non single luthier operation" thus far (although Dupont would always beat them here being that they aren't made by a single luthier either).
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Good points @Buco - I hope I am wrong :-)
    Buco
    And I hope you're not right :)
  • morriconemorricone Asterstein, Koblenz, GermanyNew Cigano GJ10 Harley Benton HBMC 500
    I'm of the opinion that there are plenty of (in my opinion) super expensive as a friend of mine calls them ' Dentist guitars' ( because you have to be on some serious money to be able to afford one) and not enough affordable (for people who aren't super wealthy) options.
    Yes ., of course I'd like a really sexy nice million £ luthier made guitar but I would also like to be able to play the music that I love on a guitar that I can afford (like the rest of the guitar playing universe). Without selling a kidney.

So,the take home message is that I'm glad that the Eastman's aren't in the $1000-$50,000 000 range. That's cool with me
    MartiniMax
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited January 2018 Posts: 3,319
    Guitars take a LOT of time to hand build. And materials are expensive. I just don't know how the Asian builders can do it so cheap. Of course, CNC machines are great and lower labor costs but there still has to be SOME labor so they probably pay their people horribly low wages. Plus how can they even buy the materials for so cheap???

Sure glad I can make my own....

PS- don't get me wrong, I have nothing against factory built guitars. I just wonder how they can do it at such a low price.
    wimBillDaCostaWilliams