DjangoBooks.com

Here's a picture of Django's pick

Comments

• SteveGSteveG ✭✭
    Here's a screenshot of a pick , maybe the same one as above, that was given to Martin Taylor by Stephane Grappelli and shown/explained at 6:00 in the following video:

• Blue DragBlue Drag S.F. Bay Area✭✭✭✭
    About a year ago Martin did a series of videos for Robin Nolan's video site.
    As a promo he and Robin went to a shop in London and had a replica of Django's pick made on a 3-D printer. If you signed up for the video series that they were promoting the would send you the file to have a 3-D replica made of the pick.

And yes, the pick was a gift to Martin from Stephane Grapelli.
    milltownswing
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    If anyone has that file, my kids have access to a 3D printer - I'd love to try it out...
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E
    If anyone has that file, my kids have access to a 3D printer - I'd love to try it out...
    Ditto.

For all the gear junkie guitar players that are out there (isn't everyone?), I'm surprised they just didn't do something commercial with this. With a 3D printer you could do it on demand so excess supply wouldn't be an issue.

You could place a for sale item on Amazon or Djangobooks or similar and as the orders come in, just burn a copy and send it in the mail.

• JohnVBJohnVB PDX, Orygun✭✭✭ Gitane D-500 #051
    Probably rosin melted onto it when Stephane left it in his hot car on summer day...
    Buco
    E=Fb : The Theory of Relativity
    Blue Drag wrote: »
    ...If you signed up for the video series that they were promoting the would send you the file to have a 3-D replica made of the pick.

I should have the 3D printed pick tonight. My son started printing it yesterday morning on the smallest layer setting, but it wasn't done by the time school let out. I'll report back later...
    Bucomilltownswing
    here it is - a little rough; I might take a buffer to the edges. Seems big, but I haven't seen the original.

B88_B53_D6_2165_40_A0_A494_1_AD5_AC56982_E.jpg
    Buco
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited November 2017 Posts: 3,319
    Wow, pretty cool! Thanks for posting it.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Wow, that's interesting. Do you think that the broken top part was originally the bottom picking edge or would that make the pick too big ? Bear in mind Django did have exceptionally large hands.
    always learning
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

The post about the Wegen button made me think about this pick. @Andrew Ulle how did you get on with this pick? I'm assuming you had to shape and polish the edges a little more? I did get the file with the course during one of his holiday specials, but then I had an issue with the file size when trying to print it at my local library. Wasn't going to spend another $30-40 to get it 3D printed privately just to have a funny looking (useless) piece of plastic floating around my practice area.

Anyone else try to print this file or have experience with the playability of this pick?