DjangoBooks.com

Django 1951 live st germain

2»

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    ....and this one:-

This is the arrangement they start to play at 2.47 on the Bal Tabarin film footage below:-

That's the one.
    Django tamed and Django unleashed those two versions.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Somewhere I recall reading ...maybe Delauney or another who knew him ....saying something along the lines of ...as incredible as he was in the studio, live .......it was up another notch or two or three.

The horn player was not listening to DR very well in the first chorus of his solo.....but they did rock it out at the end.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    For those of you who have the Integrale series: this is on Vol. 19.
    MichaelHorowitz
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2014 Posts: 459
    Yes, this album is absoletely fantastic!! It was recorded over two sessions for some kind of radio show/promotion that celebrated the re-opening of Club St. Germain, and was then left dormant for many years. Love the quote at the end of Can't give you anything but love... The name escapes me at the moment.
    Buco
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    "Air Mail Special" turns out to be "Jumpin' with Symphony Sid", but great nonetheless.
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 Posts: 459
    Of course the quote I mentioned is Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue". Now THAT would have been interesting to hear a full recording of.
  • criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭
    Are these the same takes as on the Intégrale Fremeaux?