DjangoBooks.com

Django's triplet chromatic run in Minor Swing

13»

Comments

• Rob MacKillopRob MacKillop Edinburgh, Scotland✭✭✭✭
    Yes, exactly! Incredible control is needed to bring this entire passage off cleanly and with passion. It's beyond me just now, perhaps always, but I do enjoy working on it, assuming that it is doing me good, even if I never manage to pull it off.
    I forgot to mention this in my earlier post, but I'm surprised no one has brought it up: I think the biggest and perhaps most obvious stumbling block to getting this phrase down correctly is the fact that we are moving from a gross motor skill to a fine motor skill.

Yes, well put. That's what I've been trying to isolate and find out what happens when I can play something on it's own but not with the rest of the song.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    By the way, excellent video with the most common techniques of gypsy picking:
    Rob MacKilloppickitjohnsteffomorricone
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • JohnVBJohnVB PDX, Orygun✭✭✭ Gitane D-500 #051
    How has everyone progressed with this run? Interested to hear updates as I've recently been tackling it and feel stuck around 170bpm.
    E=Fb : The Theory of Relativity