DjangoBooks.com

Jimmy Rosenberg's guitar

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    I know that Jimmy had at least one other Doug Kyle guitar, but it's not your one - Jimmy's name is written on the headstock of that other one.

Do you have any photos or videos of Jimmy playing this guitar? What serial number is it?

Cheers
  • Doug Kyle knows the serial number, I know the serial number and any potential buyer will get the serial number - this line ends here, you are wasting my time.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    With all due respect, I find your claims to be somewhat lacking any supporting evidence.

1. The letter you have posted is more than 5 years old and is not addressed to you, it does not anywhere mention the name Ken Jørgensen. You have a letter, and a Kyle guitar, but how should anyone know that this letter was written about the same instrument you are trying to sell? And what do you have to hide, by refusing to disclose the serial number?

2. Where is the evidence that Jimmy owned and played this instrument, are you telling me there is not a single photo or video on the web?

I'm not claiming you're lying - perhaps whoever sold you the guitar has tricked you in the first place. We see many fake busatos, selmers, duponts in circulation, it's not so far fetched.

What I am claiming is that the evidence isn't really there, and since this is your first post on the djangobooks forums other members have no real reason to trust you. I've been here for about 6 years and usually people introduce themselves and say hi, they don't charge in and ask others to "make them an offer" on an instrument for sale right away. It's a discussion forum, it's not leboncoin.

You call it unhelpful but I'm more interested in being helpful to our other members here by making sure they sufficient information to base their decisions.

Cheers
    jonpowlAmundLauritzenChrisMartin
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Anybody who can help me estimate the value of a Doug Kyle guitar owned and played by Jimmy Rosenberg and how to do, if I want to sell it?
    No offense, I'm neutral, but you did ask questions in your first post. If you did not like the answers, maybe you have come to the wrong place. Wim does have a point.

• John418John418
    .... or you could ask Jimmy if he ever played that guitar. If that is somehow relevant to you.
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    Here in the USA, celebrity ownership generally does not have much impact on a guitar's ultimate dollar value. There are exceptions of course, Hendrix etc, but not for someone like Jimmy Rosenberg. This is just a Doug Kyle guitar - from all accounts a pretty good guitar - worth whatever a Kyle guitar is worth.
    BucoMichaelHorowitz
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    I dont think a guitar owned by bireli himsef would make a guitar worth more than its actual value. If anyone in the genre might command a higher price on account of the name itsef it would probably be django.

That said, as scot said, it doesn t mean it s not worth anything. It s worth what a second hand doug kyle is worth.

I have bireli s guitar case, picks, sets of strings haha. I dont think anyone would pay for more than what they re worth. Dorado also gave me one of his ibanez archtops. I dont think i could sell it for more than 400$
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I have played with Dennis and will gladly sell my autograph to anyone interested. I'm also available for openings of garden fetes and guess the weight of the cake competitions.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Wim - you handled the situation well. There were Red flags left and right, yet you were fact based and helpful.
  • Gentlemen, please think carefully about what you post. While an intention may be to clarify or support, undetermined insinuations may cause offence.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed