DjangoBooks.com

Jimmy Rosenberg's guitar

13»

Comments

• Dear everybody
    Thank you for your interest and your commends.

In my rather poor English I will try to close this thread in a decent manner. I respect that the authenticity of a guitar is about facts and documentation. With that in mind, I contacted Doug Kyle before entering this forum. Doug Kyle confirmed, that my particular guitar (based on the serial number) was sold and delivered to Jimmy in 1997.

That was to me more solid proof than anything else - even more solid than a picture on the internet, which would not prove the ownership.

I did give that information in the beginning of this thread, but to my surprise it has been totally ignored through the whole thread. Then I felt, that the inquisition started and from the very beginning with the underlying insinuation, that there was a swindle going on (as one describes: Red flags left and right).

At a point the emotions kicks in on both sides - and maybe mine first because I was the one being accused. To me it is not essential whether the guitar is authentic or not and the value of it the same, but insinuations about being a swindler will at any time blow my fuse. I felt, that somebody had already decided, that I was a fraud and was more eager to prove that than to find the truth.

To me the truth still is the fact, that Doug Kyle - with his own words in writing - sold the guitar to Jimmy, but I must accept, that others think differently.

I know, when it is time to leave a room and my number has just been called - thank you for your time and best wishes for everybody,
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Good luck with the sale Ken. Sounds like a nice instrument. I'm all full up with guitars right now but if I was in the market I'd love to have one of Jimmy's. He's one of the icons of the genre needless to say. Be a nice addition to any collection.
    rimm
    Ken,
    you could always go the way suggested by Stuart at the start of the thread and contact Michael. He's a phone call away.

Michael will handle the sale better then anyone could and will know the right questions to ask and the way to go about confirming the origins of the instrument.
    Then once the guitar is on the official part of the site with Michael's description and findings, there's not a person on this planet who can dispute that.
    Yes he will charge a fee to handle the sale but he will also be able to get a better selling price then a forum "for sale" thread could.

So nothing is lost for you, just give a man a call and welcome to the forum.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel