DjangoBooks.com

NEW "Django remasters"

Comments

• Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    I downloaded them successfully too, haven't looked properly yet but looks like they are arranged by album as @Bill Da Costa Williams said. Seems the voicings are laid out from A to G in order maj, min, dom, dim, aug etc... So no real surprises but sure they'll come in handy. Good for teaching.
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I stupidly bought the PDF download without buying the CDs - arggh, what an idiot. I have to say they look pretty good but my download does not look like the screenshot given in a previous post. However I'm hoping that I'll get an email with the updated version. Good to see all the chords in on place though.
    always learning
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    edited June 2016 Posts: 936
    but my download does not look like the screenshot given in a previous post

I certainly Believed they would be a part of each chart..

TOO BAD :-?

This is what I was expecting.

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Yeah - the 1946 Belleville in this file doesn't have any voicings!
    I asked Samy about this a couple of days ago. He said voicings are still work in progress, he continues to add to it as he can spare time. These guys have a brutal performing schedule.
    He felt there just wasn't enough space on the page to have both together, progression and voicings.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Use the magic chord.
    Barkonatorwim
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 4,735
    ohhh the magic chord...gotta admit that I wasn't aware about the versatility of it. When Samy started a class playing minor swing with it I was thinking "oh not that again" but then he played a ton of songs that never occurred to me could be done with that simple shape and they all sounded great. The biggest surprise was "out of nowhere".

For those wondering, the magic chord is the minor 6 classic hot club shape, or used as dominant with a 5th in the root or dim or move the whole shape one string up and use as major.

I was aware of all those single shapes, I just never thought of playing a whole song with it. I guess I thought it would be very not interesting but it actually sounds great.
  • If you have the groove those guys have, those chords will sound great.
    Buco
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    would you mind sharing some of the other songs you use with this chord? I have never heard of this concept until today. tia
    I think he also played Nuages with it but the point is you can play just about anything using this shape.