DjangoBooks.com

Favorite Metronome

2»

Comments

• Micheal IrwinMicheal Irwin ✭✭
    Bones, I think it was Dr. Betotte. I'll check later to be sure.
  • MattHenryMattHenry Washington, DC✭✭✭✭
    I like the Seiko SQ50-V for around $20 on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SQ50-V-Quartz-Metronome/dp/B000LFCXL8

It's loud, the click has a bit of a wooden "tock" sound which I prefer to a beep, and the big wheel and volume control are quick and easy to set. Old school swinging arm metronomes drift over time.

I don't need different noises for the downbeat because I almost exclusively use a metronome with just a click on the 4, so 40 is 160bmp and 60 is 240bpm, etc.

The only thing I wish I had with my Seiko was more clicks on the wheel, especially since I do that only-on-the-four thing.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Matt, yeah exactly, I'm looking for something that has finer settings like you said since I don't usually set it for 4 to the bar. i downloaded something called 'Weird Metronome' for free which is actually pretty cool except it sometimes is not spot on time wise with the beats (believe it or not). Maybe my oldish computer has RAM issues or something but I doubt that is it. Sometimes a beat will seem to lag just a bit on the metronome.

Micheal, that would be great please let me know what you find out.
  • Micheal IrwinMicheal Irwin ✭✭
    Bones, I just downloaded Dr. Betotte on my IPad Mini. I am just getting into it but so far this thing rocks. It's very affordable. The subdivisions with each having their own volume control is very cool.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Ok yeah I looked for that but doesn't look like they have a version for PC. Maybe I'll just download it onto my iPhone. thanks