DjangoBooks.com

Why Amsterdam?

13»

Comments

• altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    I love mayonnaise on fries!
    Jazzaferri
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 3,319
    Ok I'll give it a shot but.....really????
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I find the Mayo on fries thing to be an odd idea, mind you here in Scotland fries with curry sauce is very popular so who am I to criticise.
    always learning
    Look at the ingredients.
    It's eggs and potatoes, basically.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Eggs and oil with a bit of lemon and salt.

Want a real treat, use truffle oil in the mayo. Fries and truffle oil is truly a match made in heaven
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • altonalton Keene, NH✭✭ 2000 Dell'Arte Long Scale Anouman, Gadjo Modele Francais, Gitane DG-330 John Jorgensen Tuxedo
    Not to turn this into a thread about food (which is one of my other passions), but making mayonnaise and aioli is something that I am better at than playing Gypsy jazz lol. Egg yolk, fresh squeezed lemon juice, a beautiful EVOO (or grape seed oil for a milder flavor and better emulsion. Canola oil is probably most common, but I like a good robust olive oil), garlic clove, salt, and a tsp of Dijon mustard, makes a nice Provencal aioli. I used to use a food processor but I sometimes would end up with a broken mess. I bought a mortar and pestle and voila! Silky luxurious aioli. I put it on a lot of things. Seafood, chicken, vegetables, etc.

And I agree with @Jazzaferri. Truffle oil is a thing of beauty.
    Buco
  • I use Avocado oil for a light mayo and unfiltered EVOO for aioli.

Now we have truly hijacked this thread, to get back on topic, getting mayo with fries in Amsterdam was easier than catsup (ketchup)
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • ShmockiebabyShmockiebaby Elkton, MDNew
    Where should one go in Amsterdam to see live GJ music?
  • T1mothyT1mothy ✭✭ Furch petite bouche
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    The sweet memories of youth. Dutch beer is pretty good.

Nowhere close to Czech beer tho! :-D
    Buco