DjangoBooks.com

[blog] Django Reinhardt in the press (of his time)

1235»

Comments

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    edited September 2016 Posts: 768
    Hello Mr Ravetz!

Wasn't it Danielle Darrieux and 1942?

I have searched for photos of those events (Danielle Darrieux and Doris Duke) but unfortunately absolutely nothing was found on Django and Rostaing neither at the wedding nor at the party...
  • gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016 Posts: 119
    Dear Francois,

All I have found about this wedding so far is the following press cut from
    the Chicago Daily Tribune: https://djangoreinhardtdanslapresse.wordpress.com/2016/07/10/chicago-daily-tribune-5-dec-1947/

Since it took place in France, there might be more to look for in the French press. I can try and take a look one of these days. But if Spatzo didn't find anything, I doubt I'll have more luck... :#

Actually after a closer look it's not really a wedding dinner but a "bachelor farewell party", that's what you must have been referring to. The dates are not very clear in the press cut, unfortunately.
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    I've always loved the comment about the "playboy Hubert Rostaing". Were they thinking of somebody else I wonder?
  • gatsbygatsby United States✭✭✭✭
    I can see that... =)

Rostaing_H_001.jpg
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Thanks for your researches,
    I was always surprised that the word playboy was used for someone else than Porfirio RUBIROSA in this article. Funny how journalists can sometimes just repeat what is written in another article. Certainly because none of them had any idea of who was Hubert Rostaing. It must have been a great night indeed with Porfirio spending money even faster than Django!