DjangoBooks.com

Jive Bomber - who is this guitarist?

2»

Comments

• I can get my cousin in Cornwall to buy it and send it on @Bob Holo
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    I have only just picked up this thread and I have not read all the posts but in case it has not been identified, "Jive Bomber" was recorded in London on 9th April, 1941 by Stephane Grappelly and his Quartet - Stephane Grappelli, George Shearing, Jack Llewellyn, George Gibbs (b), Dave Fullerton (b).

I read somewhere that George Shearing once said he went to America because he got fed up with people in the UK saying he was Stephane Grappelli's pianist.
    wim
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,262
    Here is another one from the same recording session.

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,252
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    I can get my cousin in Cornwall to buy it and send it on @Bob Holo

Wim did that last night - thanks much though!

Sorry to sound miffed about not being able to buy the album. It drives me up a wall when people try to control the internet by parsing it to fit the whims of outmoded fee & tariff mechanisms. I've had a few careers, but likely the most fun one other than luthiery, was working in network engineering for Intel and helping propagate networking protocols & technologies which we believed were capable of uniting the world... but which people are now using to divide it. It's a sore spot with me. But, c'est la vie, as the French would say.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Glad to hear @Wim Glenn was succesful.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed