DjangoBooks.com

Wegen Pick

This thing is a monster. I don't think I'll ever play without one again. Any other comparable brands? Dunlop primetone?
Tagged:

Comments

I know everyone on here probably owns one. But if your on the fence or something cause it's a 15 dollar pick. So smooth, expertly made, bright and makes the lead parts sing. Just another take on an already well regarded gypsy item.
  • OwlCaponeOwlCapone New
    edited December 2016 Posts: 11
    I use the 4mm picks from Moustache guitars. I met Thijs (head honcho of Moustache Guitars) at a bluegrass festival where he did a little bit of work on my Dad's mandolin free of charge. He makes great picks. I would try out others, but I really like the ones he makes and I think he's a good guy and want to support his business. If you want to buy one I'd suggest contacting him direct as they seem to be massively overpriced on here... must be to do with importing them
    Word. 4mm? Hmm. Anyone use anything thicker haha. What about red bear picks anyone use those?
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Yup when it comes to choosing a pick everyone has to ask themselves the same question.

Thick enough yet ?

D.
  • t-birdt-bird Portland, Oregon Castelluccia Nuages, Dupont Nomade
    @guitarshark Are you doing your research? This site is full of information/posts from some very experienced and knowledgeable players. In fact, there is a thread on picks that is one of the most viewed here.

Here is a thread that has 17 pages and thousands of views.

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/14330/picks/p1
    Naw no research. That thread with 17 pages is legit. Thanks man.
    Another one is the thread titled "sideways"
    Started simple but got a lot of good things to read.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    Are all jazz guitarists this erudite concerning their plectrums, or just GJ guitarists?
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    edited December 2016 Posts: 393
    I don't know. But you should visit a trumpet player discussion forum on the net and read the discussions on mouthpieces...
    t-bird
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 3,707
    I have to say I am impressed. I couldn't handle a 3.5 mm pick...felt way to fat for me. My hat goes off to guys who can use a 4 or 5 mm pick.

This forum is a lot like home recording and sax on the web in the examination and erudition on bits of gear
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed