DjangoBooks.com

1947 transcriptions

PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
in Repertoire Posts: 426
Happy New Year to you all!
A new bunch of transcriptions from the radio sessions: 7th Septembre 1947. You have everything in that session: blues(Swingtime in Springtime), classical music rearranged (Debussy Reverie), pop songs (Louise), compositions (Vendredi 13, Stockholm) and big band arrangements for a quintette (Feerie).
A lot to listen and study (compare the versions of Feerie in big band and quintette to understand how Django sees his role) !

Hope you enjoy all those transcriptions! Comments and feedbacks (positive and negative) are always welcome!

Transcriptions of 1947
Petrovlewischang88JosechikyTubaphoneBuco

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks so much Paps and happy new year!
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Hey PapsPier, I would love to read these transcriptions, but the .tg format doesn't work on Mac. Would you consider to transcribe in a more common format (or use soundslice) in future?
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    I managed to download Tux on an old PC I have. I finally was able to open one of Paps transcriptions. Really nice work!

Wim.....I was able to export tunes into a pdf. Maybe Paps will share them that way in the future as well as the Tux.
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    edited January 2018 Posts: 205
    The rhythm part is off on some of them but that's what comes up in the TuxGuitar files, too.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    edited January 2018 Posts: 426
    Hi guys
    First TuxGuitar works on Mac. I'm on Mac! What is the issue you have to install it ?
    Second you can also use Sounslice to open those files thanks to Adrian.
    I also plan to create proper PDFs once I'm done but it is time consuming, the pdf rendering of tux or gap are not nice at all.
    And finally Juan can you tell me what you mean by rhythm is off so I can correct whatever mistakes there are. I also would have appreciated if you asked me before sharing my transcriptions in a new format.
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    Shoot. Sorry; you're right. I've deleted them. I didn't think there would be an issue as they're openly available.

Stockholm, Swingtime, Vendredi, and Django's Dream seem to be off on the rhythm tracks.

I was also unable to install TuxGuitar on my MacBook. The software doesn't seem to be compatible with the later OS versions.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    edited January 2018 Posts: 426
    No problem Juan, I know no harm was intended, it is just that I like to get an idea of how many people are using the transcriptions (which is possible with the stats of the website, on a forum it is more anonymous).
    I'll check the rhythm tracks for the tunes you indicated and keep you posted.

For TuxGuitar, you need to install first the Java DevelopmentKit (it is an extended version of Java if I understood correctly) and then install TuxGuitar and it should run perfectly.
    Here is the link Java Development Kit
  • TubaphoneTubaphone Kansas Mateos Django
    Even if you just had the write ups with the grille in Bb and jam track I’d be impressed and happy. The transcriptions are just such a fantastic resource.

Thanks again, PapsPier. Really, this resource is fantastic.
    Bones
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Well put Tuba, yes absolutely a fantastic resource!
    Josechiky
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thanks it always makes me happy to know that it is also useful to other people
    Josechiky