Villa Lobos Preludio n. 1 Arpeggios

13»

Comments

• NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited January 2018 Posts: 462
    Bones wrote: »
    The NSA is watching.....

Michael has confirmed the deletion.

One of the moderators thinks I should not be allowed to reply in kind. Will not defend his decision or own up to it.

How brave you all are.

Bye

D.

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    OK, I found the original posts by Dave which were personal attacks against @juanderer (it took me a while to find these as the Vanilla software logs these changes differently than the previous phpbb software we used to have.) I spoken with the moderator who deleted them and we both agreed they were inappropriate.

Dave, feel free to critique other people's transcriptions in a polite and constructive manner. However, if you resort to personal attacks they will be deleted and such behavior will result in banishment from the forum.
    jonpowl
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Hi Micheal, I disagree, I find Juanderer and Jonpowls post to be objectively more offensive I think most people would, I have consulted with friends, in fact I did so before posting. I have the original posts the language is moderate.

I responded in kind to a deliberate provocation which was not deleted.

I am tired of the beard pulling, and it seems I can't trust the moderators for either fairness or transparency. The two are connected. My decision to leave is primarily based on that fact, so well done him. I think I know who it was, I let it pass the first time because I was able to find myself out of order, not this time.

Feel free to 'banish' me and or delete my posts. I won't be back.

I'm getting nothing out of this place and it is draining to see terrible advice applauded. Especially when it seems to be deliberately cooked up to annoy me. (how do you get every note right in a score but get the name of the piece wrong ?, how can you look for one piece render the midi on a score program add fingerings and chord symbols and not notice it's a different piece ? )

Thanks again for the wonderful books you published, especially Gypsy Rhythm, I wish there were more people around here who actually liked to study.

My new mantra 'Let Them Eat Tab'.

D.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Oh my! More controversies here hahaha.

Well, Dave, if people giving advice where they have no business giving advice upsets you, I must imagine that just about everything you see in the world must upset you! hahahahaha

I understand exactly where you are coming from, but I don’t really care too much what others are doing. I mean, sometimes, I’ll chime in to correct certain things, but for the most part, I let people be. If they spread wrong information, people who are legitimately serious about things will figure it out eventually.

I feel your frustration though as I’m forced to participate in it. Whenever I make transcriptions for DC Music School, I truly feel like I’m betraying a part of me. There’s a big notice on every lesson my site that strongly discourages the use of said transcriptions. The whole culture behind TABs and all that is really terrible but it has been so normalized over the past few decades, that it is here to stay. In one of my lesssons, one of my artists explains how he got to where he was by training his ears early on, and he stresses the importance of ear training. Then I get an email asking me of the examples from the ear training video are transcribed... Oh well...
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Why do I keep thinking of this?

richter4208
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    edited February 2018 Posts: 205
    Oh, boy. I didn't mean to stir up any sensitivities with my interjections of (evidently failed) levity, nor would I have been offended by personal attacks on the internet - in fact; I am kind of curious now.

Any discussion of Villa-Lobos is good, in my book, as his works are in a good chunk of my earliest memories from when I started playing classical guitar back in my late teens. I never learned or performed any of them but several of my peers did - I was more of a Sor and Tárrega guy myself.

Hopefully the thread hijack and my accidental protagonism will end here.

The transcription might well have been a recipe for pickled herring. I didn't check it out for accuracy.
    dennis wrote: »
    [...] people who are legitimately serious about things will figure it out eventually.

I subscribe to this belief, too, but will also try to correct things that jump out at me as incorrect/wrong when the inclination to do so itches so I can see both sides of the coin here.