DjangoBooks.com

The coolest la pompe I've heard played on electric guitar. Swing 39 plays "Swinging With Django"

epsdudeepsdude New
in Technique Posts: 20
I fell in love with this guy's rhythm playing the second I heard it and thought it was worth a share. Sounds really great!

Comments

• swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)
    Thank you! Put those arch tops to work!
  • criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭
    I disagree. That's not la pompe at all. That's american swing played the american way (and there's nothing wrong with it)
  • epsdudeepsdude New
    What's the difference? I thought American/Western Swing was simply that it doesn't have an upstroke which I think I hear him playing.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    This is going to open up that old swing rhythm v le pompe argument - been discussed on here many times before - and it seems some still can't tell the difference.
    criminelBones
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    Could open the can of worms about if we should Bring the male hair perm back into style
    Bones
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Eps, yeah kinda cool but def not pompe and there are big differences between American/western swing and GJ rhythm. It's been discussed a LOT. Just search the forum (use the search tool) and you'll get more info than you need to get up to speed on this topic.