DjangoBooks.com

NGD: Stankevicius Alyona

Comments

• Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    edited February 2019 Posts: 116
    plexi69 wrote: »
    Killer looking geetar! Is that your actual guitar or the same model? I really like that it looks different rather then the same old look. Is the body solid or laminate, and does the top have a slight arch or is it flat? The web site didn't say. Either way it sounds good

It's my actual guitar! I wanted to go slightly traditional on the f-holes, but with a little room for some more modern embellishments (like the mustache, sound port, and headstock)
  • JoseJose Minneapolis New DuPont MD 50
    You should upload a video showcasing the guitar!
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    Jose wrote: »
    You should upload a video showcasing the guitar!

I actually did record a quick video playing an arrangement of Nuages from Daniel Beja. I'm still pretty amateur in GJ, so excuse my sloppiness.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhfakfppnxw10yh/2019-01-31 13.43.25.mp4?dl=0
    BucojonpowlJose
    Gorgeous all around. Congrats!
  • JoseJose Minneapolis New DuPont MD 50
    Nice! I have the impression this guitar is very loud!
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Interesting to hear it's got a soundport. My Alex Bishop guitar has one and I find it actually increase the bass response. Is that the same with yours ?
    always learning
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,319
    Interesting top bracing. All lateral braces. No longitudinal except the little ones under the bridge feet.

BTW, bending that solid flamed maple around the tight outside bend of the cutaway must have been nerve-racking.
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    Looks & sounds great - I wish I were a good enough player to even consider spending that kind of money on a guitar. Enjoy it!
    Looks & sounds great - I wish I were a good enough player to even consider spending that kind of money on a guitar. Enjoy it!

Me too, haha... I definitely don't "deserve" the guitars I have, musically.

My instrument lineup now is:

Martin 0000-38
    JWC Modele Jazz
    Alexander Polyakov Selmer #4
    Stankevicius Alyona
    Taylor GS-mini limited edition rosewood
    Equator instruments Standard (claro, masacare, cocobolo)
    Eastman MD515 Mandolin
    Lanikai concert banjolele
    Interesting to hear it's got a soundport. My Alex Bishop guitar has one and I find it actually increase the bass response. Is that the same with yours ?

Hard to tell if it increases bass response given I haven't heard it wi